You are searching about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs, today we will share with you article about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs is useful to you.
How to Get Your Chickens to Lay More Eggs
If you own chickens, you’ll agree with me when I say that you can have fresh, high quality eggs almost all you want. I like to call them containers full of goodness. It goes without saying that few foods contain the kind of nutrients that eggs do.
If you know how to raise chickens, they will lay eggs whether they are fertilized or not. Egg production occurs naturally in a chicken’s body. However, there are external factors that can reduce their ability to produce eggs. The good thing is that there are a few things you can do to increase the amount of eggs your hens lay.
Here’s how to get your hens to lay more eggs:
1. Have comfortable nesting boxes… Provide your hens with nesting boxes and set them up as comfortably as possible. Fill them with hay and have a depression in the center of the box so the hens feel comfortable sitting on them. If your hens feel secure, it goes without saying that they will produce more eggs.
2. Provide heat… Place a few heat lamps around the nest boxes. Make sure they are on low heat. Also make sure the boxes are warm to encourage the hens to lay eggs. However, providing heat may only be necessary during cold months.
3. Have fluorescent lights in place… Getting your flock to lay lots of eggs means getting creative. Attach fluorescent lights to timers and set them to go on and off for twelve hours at a time. Turn them on during normal daylight hours and keep them in off mode overnight.
Position them so that they can distribute the light evenly throughout the coop. Indeed, you will have replicated day and night and this will create an environment that will allow your hens to lay eggs regularly. This trick is especially handy during the cold winter months, when it’s darker.
4. Collect Eggs Regularly… Make sure to collect the eggs for the chicken coop every morning and make it a routine. Letting eggs sit for long periods in nest boxes can make hens want to hatch them, even when they are infertile. This is a process known as brooding, which prevents the hen from laying eggs.
5. Be patient with chickens… The quest to raise chickens also requires patience. Perhaps the reason your hens are laying few eggs is that they are not in their prime. Let the chickens be at least sixteen to twenty-six weeks old before you can expect them to start laying eggs. In fact, they may start laying a bit later, but you’d be disappointed if you expect them to start laying a lot of eggs before they are sixteen weeks old.
6. Feed chickens well… If you feed your chickens cheap and generally poor quality feed, this can result in lamentable or non-existent egg production. Want your chickens to produce more eggs? Feed them properly. Research has shown that corn, starches and oils can cause a reduction in the rate of egg production. Knowing how to raise chickens means you are giving them the feeds that will provide them with all the necessary nutrients, which not only ensures that they stay healthy, but also increases productivity. Occasionally feed your chickens crushed oyster shells to increase calcium intake, which is very important in egg development.
7. Give them plenty of water… You may not know it, but chickens need a constant supply of water to stay healthy and productive. Check the water levels at least twice a day and be sure to replace the water in case it gets dirty.
Video about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
You can see more content about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
If you have any questions about How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 2087939 8
Search keywords How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
way How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
tutorial How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs
How Many Years Do Chickens Lay Eggs free
#Chickens #Lay #Eggs